“My experience using Back in Motion has been nothing but first-class! The BiM team provide responsive service and develop a rapport with their clients that I have never seen in any other program. Their ability to identify barriers to recovery and customize programs for each client’s needs, whether the diagnosis is physical or psychological, combined with their supportive education seminars helps to create a comfortable, positive environment and successful outcomes.” – Rehabilitation Consultant, Great West Life Assurance.
Back in Motion’s team strives to reduce the impact of a client’s medical, physical, functional, and psychosocial barriers to recovery by helping them understand the nature of their injury/illness, maximize their daily functioning, and attain a successful and durable return to work towards a full and meaningful life. These services are provided from each of our Surrey, Burnaby, Richmond, and Vancouver locations.
Customized Active Rehabilitation Program ($105/session – $100 Progress report; $100 discharge report)
The Customized Active Rehab Program is a clinic-based active treatment program, 2-5 days per week and 2-5 hours per day, depending on the client’s needs. The interdisciplinary team includes a Physical Therapist, Kinesiologist, and Occupational Therapist as needed. The goal of the program is to maximize function, provide active symptom management strategies and education, and assist clients to return to work as clinically appropriate.
Services provided during the Active Rehab Program include the following:
• Specific exercises to address musculoskeletal sequelae related to injury or illness, with a focus on flexibility, strengthening, and cardiovascular fitness
• Education on a variety of active symptom management strategies, and assistance with utilizing these strategies at home and in the workplace
• Education sessions addressing topics such as pain and stress management strategies, posture and body mechanics, sleep hygiene, and principles of exercise (up to 8 topics)
• Work simulation programs to increase or maximize capacity and tolerance for vocational activities
• Return to work recommendations, with recommendation for an early transitional return to work, as clinically appropriate
• Job site visits, return to work planning, and gradual return to work implementation and monitoring (including job coaching) are also available, at a cost of $100/hour
A Progress Report is completed at the mid-point of the approved treatment sessions and will provides recommendations regarding further treatment and timelines/parameters for return to work, where appropriate. A Discharge Report is completed upon conclusion of the treatment program.
Psychology Sessions ($185/hour)
Psychological support is available if needed, as identified during the initial assessment. Clients may receive psychological treatment sessions as clinically appropriate, for the purposes of improving psychological symptoms and level of functioning, through the development of active, adaptive coping strategies. Psychological services are designed to support rehabilitation and the return to work process.
Medical consult OR Medication Reduction Program ($750, Initial visit; $350 Follow-ups)
During an active rehabilitation program, there are circumstances in which medical issues arise, and there is a requirement for further diagnostic clarification, medical treatment intervention, or specific guidance regarding medical restrictions and limitations. Additionally, the Program Physician may be involved in the development, implementation, and monitoring of a medication reduction plan. The medical intervention is designed to support the rehabilitation and return to work process.
Progressive Goal Attainment Program ($2200, 10 Weekly Sessions)
PGAP is provided by an Occupational Therapist with the goal of reducing psychosocial barriers to rehabilitation progress while promoting re-integration to life-role activities, improvement in quality of life and facilitation of return to work. Includes assessments and up to 10 weekly sessions which focus on treatment of psychosocial risk factors, structured activity scheduling, graded-activity involvement, goal-setting, problem-solving and motivational enhancement.
Team Conferences ($170/ Hour)
In order to promote comprehensive communication among the treatment team, client, and other relevant stakeholders, a team conference is beneficial, to ensure that the specific goals and expectations of the rehabilitation process are clear to all involved. These goals include timeframes, and the discussion may also include possible consequences if expectations for participation in the program are not achieved.
Pain Management Program ($100/Day)
A Team Assessment or Complex Team Assessment (see details above) is required prior to entry into this program. It is designed for clients with complex pain issues and presentation, and multiple barriers to recovery. Support is provided by the Program Physician and Psychologist, to provide medical reassurance, and a cognitive behavioural framework, respectively. Team conferences with all tem members are included in this program.
Depending on the individual needs of the client, services provided during the Pain Management Program may include the following:
• Active Rehab Program Sessions (See detailed description above)
• Weekly PGAP Sessions
• Weekly Psychology Sessions
• Weekly Medical follow ups (as appropriate)
Return to Work Prevention Services ($100/ Hour)
An Occupational Therapist or Kinesiologist provides these services, with the goal of initiating or supporting a graduated return to work, to achieve durability and case resolution. The following services are provided:
• Job Site Visit with Report
• Job Demands Analysis with Report
• Return to Work Planning with Report
• GRTW Planning, Implementation, and Monitoring
• Ergonomic/Risk Assessment
• Job Coaching at the Workplace
Stretch, relaxation and education classes can be conducted to assist with injury prevention. Topics can include pacing, injury prevention, and posture and body mechanics.
• No cancellation fee is charged if notice is provided at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment
• Cancellation fee for hourly services: 1 hour of clinician time + clinician travel time (travel time applies only to no-shows where applicable, for example, job site visits)
• Cancellation fee for flat services: 40% of flat fee